Every year when “The happiness of the World” is measured by the World Happiness Report the Danes is in the top of the statistics. But why ar we so happy? Last week we wrote about the scientific reasons. This week we give you some answer from the of fashion magazines. The british version of Elle, has written a blog post on the subject and are pinpointing 7 reasons on danish happiness.
Why Danes er so Happy
- Education is free for everybody – also for foreigners. As a danish citizen you will even get paid to study. Following Elle education must be one way to be happy.
- Danes are neatly dressed. Elle gives the credit to Danish fashion designers as Baum und Pferdgarten, Henrik Vibskov og Ganni. So if you want happiness – Dress nice.
- You not even have to be dressed nice, but also have gorgeous furniture around you. Elle points out the danish Interior Design, as a third reason for the great happiness.
- Everyone has a bicycle – over 50 % of the citizens in Copenhagen bikes to work every day. It is good exercise and is saving the environment for a lot of polution.
- The danes are just pretty, and Denmark has delivered beauties like Mads Mikkelsen, Nicolai Coster Waldau, Caroline Wozniacky and Connie Nielsen.
- Open Sandwiches – I personal didn’t see this comming. But well we have a tradition in what we call ‘smørrebrød’, one of those word that is almost impossible for foreigners to pronounce, and yes they are delicious. But is it fair to give it credit for danish happiness? I doubt.
- A great amount of gender equality. We have had a female Prime Minster (Helle Thorning-Schmidt) and Denmark is represented in EU with a female Commissioner og competition. Denmark ranks in the top 10 countries for gender equality.
Well that was what they listed. Maybe there should more than the list above to make you really happy. But we can’t disagree, it makes Denmark a really nice place to be.